ADEN, Yemen, Saudi-backed Yemeni troops, repulsed an attack by the Shiite Houthi group, in the Lahj province on Tuesday, leaving five killed from the two sides, a military official told Xinhua.

Three Houthi gunmen and two pro-government soldiers were killed, and several others injured, in the two-hour fighting, that occurred in Lahj's suburb, the official, based at the Anad military base, said.

He added that, the Saudi-backed forces captured a number of Houthi gunmen, who were trying to sneak into the government-controlled Lahj province.

Witnesses told Xinhua that, Houthi fighters randomly bombed residential buildings, in the neighbouring southern province of al-Dhalea on Tuesday, with no immediate reports of casualties.

Media outlets, close to the Saudi-backed government, reported that, the Yemeni troops made progress against the Shiite Houthi fighters, in the northern province of Al-Jawf and took control over key sites earlier in the day.

The UN has sponsored peace talks between the warring factions for several times, without achieving a peace agreement.

The civil war, ground battles and air strikes have already killed more than 10,000 people, half of them civilians, injured more than 35,000 others, and displaced over two million more, according to humanitarian agencies.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.