ADEN (Yemen), Yemen's government forces accused the Houthi rebels of committing 3,719 cease-fire violations in the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah since December 2018, killing 140 civilians.

The army has monitored 3,719 violations committed by the Houthi militia in the province of Hodeidah since the truce took effect on Dec. 18, 2018, Spokesman of the National Army Abdu Majali said during a news conference held in the northern province of Marib.

Majali said the Houthi violations resulted in killing 140 citizens and wounding 811 others, mostly women and children.

The Houthis continued to target the positions held by the national army forces in the city, he added.

The spokesman called on the United Nations and the international community to put pressures on the Houthis to implement the Stockholm Peace Agreement.

Hodeidah is the key lifeline entry point for Yemen's most food imports and humanitarian aid. The four-year grinding war has pushed more than 20 million people to the verge of starvation.

Yemeni warring parties reached a peace deal on Hodeidah in December last year as the first step toward a comprehensive political solution.

But sporadic breaches are daily recorded in Hodeidah as the two sides failed to withdraw their forces in accordance with the agreement reached in the Swedish capital of Stockholm under the auspices of the United Nations.

Source: NAM News Network

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.