ADEN, Yemen, Yemen's government forces accused the Houthi rebels of committing 3,719 cease-fire violations, in the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, since Dec, 2018, killing 140 civilians.
The army monitored 3,719 violations committed by the Houthi militia, in the province of Hodeidah, since the truce took effect on Dec 18, 2018, Spokesman of the National Army, Abdu Majali said, during a news conference held in Marib.
Majali said, the Houthi violations resulted in the killing of 140 citizens and wounding 811 others, mostly women and children.
The Houthis continued to target the positions held by the national armed forces in the city, he added.
The spokesman called on the United Nations and the international community to put pressure on the Houthis to implement the Stockholm Peace Agreement.
Yemeni warring parties reached a peace deal on Hodeidah in Dec last year, as the first step towards a comprehensive political solution.
But sporadic breaches are recorded daily in Hodeidah, as the two sides failed to withdraw their forces, in accordance with the agreement reached in the Swedish capital of Stockholm, under the auspices of the United Nations.
Source: NAM News Network