UNITED NATIONS, Eight Yemeni civilians have been killed by shelling, earlier this week, in Hodeidah, despite a ceasefire deal reached by the warring parties.

Our humanitarian colleagues tell us that, on Feb 19, eight civilians were killed and another 10 were injured in Hodeidah, when an artillery shell landed on Al Azeeb market, in the Al Mateenah area, said Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres.

The following day, there were unconfirmed reports indicating that one woman was killed and three children were injured, when a house was hit in At Tawayah, in Hajjah Governorate, he added.

A ceasefire was agreed on by the Yemeni government and the Houthi rebels in Dec, 2018 for the general area of Hodeidah, home to key Red Sea port and a major gateway for humanitarian aid.

Next Tuesday in Geneva, the United Nations and the governments of Sweden and Switzerland are to hold a third high-level pledging event, to mobilise support to address the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, said Dujarric.

Source: NAM News Network

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.