ADEN, Yemen- The Daesh group claimed responsibility for a drive-by shooting that killed two security personnel, in Yemen's southern port city of Aden on Sunday.
In a statement by its official news agency, Amaq, Daesh said, its fighters assassinated "two apostate soldiers in Aden's neighbourhood of Mansourah."
The terror group also posted four pictures, showing two of its fighters launching the attack in Aden.
Meanwhile, a local security source also confirmed the assassination. "Two security guards at Aden's port were killed by terrorists, while they were heading to their workplace," he said, on condition of anonymity.
Last month, the Daesh claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombings that struck the headquarters of the counter-terrorism forces, backed by the United Arab Emirates in Aden.
Medical sources said, the bombings killed six soldiers and injured 53 others, mostly civilians.
Aden is considered Yemen's temporary capital, as the Saudi-backed Yemeni government has based itself there since 2015.
During the past two years, terrorist groups such as the al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and the Daesh, had an active presence in the southern part of Yemen.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia is leading an Arab military coalition, which intervened in Yemen in 2015, to support the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, after Iran-backed Houthi rebels forced him into exile.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK