A total of nine members of one Yemeni family were killed on Friday in an airstrike on their home in northern Yemen's capital, residents and witnesses said.
The family, including four women and five children, were killed when a plane targeted their house at dawn in Marran area in Arhab suburb, some 50 km north of the capital Sanaa, said the residents who helped digging out the bodies.
It was the latest in a series of airstrikes against Yemeni civilians by the Saudi-led military coalition, which is supporting exiled Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi in his fight against Shiite Houthi rebels who have seized much of Yemen since 2014.
Civilian casualties caused during airstrikes have drawn worldwide criticism to the coalition.
On Wednesday, airstrikes killed 16 members of three families in the northern province of Saada.
Fighting has been escalating between dominant Houthi militia and forces of exiled Yemeni government backed by the coalition forces since UN-sponsored peace talks collapsed earlier last month.
The coalition of Arab states, led by Saudi Arabia, started its military intervention in March 2015 to reinstate the Hadi government.
Saudi-led airstrikes and fighting on the ground have since killed over 10,000 Yemenis, mostly civilians, and displaced 3 million others, according to UN figures.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK