ADEN, Yemen- Yemen's Defence Ministry, said that, random artillery shelling by the Iranian-backed Houthis, killed eight civilians in the country's Red Sea port city of Hodeidah on Monday evening.
The Houthis fired incriminate artillery shells and targeted residential areas, in the government-controlled district of Tuhyata in Hodeidah province, said the Defence Ministry in a statement, posted online. The ministry quoted a field commander of the Giants Brigades as saying two children and a woman were among the victims.
A number of government-controlled areas in Hodeidah came under indiscriminate Houthi shelling, that forced many people to flee, residents said.
Yemeni forces, backed by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), were deployed in Tuhyata, just a few days after expelling the Houthis, in a wide-scale military operation.
Earlier in the day, heavy armoured vehicles and additional reinforcements of the UAE-backed Yemeni troops, were moved from Aden, to participate in the ongoing military operations against the Houthis in Hodeidah.
Hodeidah is the most important point of entry for food and basic supplies, to Yemen's northern areas, controlled by the Houthis, including the capital, Sanaa.
More than 121,000 residents have fled the war-torn city of Hodeidah, and other parts of the province, since Jun 1, the United Nations said, this week.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK