The Philippine government joined Saturday, the call for a peaceful resolution to the crisis in Yemen, as it continued to monitor the situation, to ensure the safety of Filipinos there.

In a statement, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reiterated the Philippine support for United Nations-brokered negotiations, in keeping with the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Initiative, and the National Dialogue outcome.

"The Philippines adopts the view that the conflict in Yemen should not threaten Yemen's neighbours and calls on all parties to ensure the delivery of humanitarian and medical assistance to the people of Yemen," the department said.

It said, the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh is closely monitoring the political and security situation in Yemen and is working to ensure the safe passage of Filipinos remaining in that country.

The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), has said that 180 people have died and a further 268 were injured in Aug, after UN-mediated peace talks were put on hold last month.

Yemen has been locked in a civil war since the Houthis seized power and overturned the Yemeni government, in late, 2014.

In Mar, 2015, the Saudi-led coalition launched a bombing campaign to restore the legitimacy of the government. However, the military intervention has deepened the conflict and crises across the country.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.