Since the death of a medical student after being gang raped on a bus in New Delhi the issue of women’s security has been under the spotlight as never before in India. Reactions were strong and wide ranging, from women who now feel the need to arm themselves or take self-defence classes, to others who are scared to go out alone at night. All of them in felt an increased fear or need to protect themselves from potential violence by men.
- ICC Clears Former Ivory Coast President to Travel Months After Acquittal May 29, 2020
- Report Clearing Soldiers in South African Man’s Death Sparks Anger May 29, 2020
- Aggression air forces hit Bayda May 29, 2020
- 3 Saudi-led airstrikes hit Hajjah May 29, 2020
- Yemeni Ministry of Health calls on citizens to confront Corona May 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Puts 265 Million at Risk of ‘Hunger Pandemic,’ Experts Say May 28, 2020
- Peacebuilding and Sustaining Peace May 28, 2020