Since the death of a medical student after being gang raped on a bus in New Delhi the issue of women’s security has been under the spotlight as never before in India. Reactions were strong and wide ranging, from women who now feel the need to arm themselves or take self-defence classes, to others who are scared to go out alone at night. All of them in felt an increased fear or need to protect themselves from potential violence by men.
- South Sudan Villagers Relocated After Oil Leak November 14, 2019
- Sudan Looks to Pyramids to Attract Tourism, Hard Currency November 14, 2019
- Malawi Clinic’s Safe Births Record Rivals Rich Countries – Here’s Why November 14, 2019
- In Uganda, Dissidents Adapt to Evade Huawei Assisted Government Spying November 14, 2019
- South African Airways cancels flights ahead of strike November 14, 2019
- Malawi receives 17 black rhinos from South Africa November 14, 2019
- Ministry of Electricity closes seven stations contrary to tariff rate in capital November 13, 2019