RIYADH-- Saudi-led coalition involved in a war in Yemen announced that it have taken steps to safeguard the maritime navigation and international trade across the Bab al-Mandab Strait and south Red Sea.
The coalition spokesperson Col. Turki al-Malki highlighted in a statement that steps complying with the international law will tackle the hostility of Houthi militias, according to Saudi News Agency.
He didn't clarify the nature of such measures, which is said to be in cooperation with the international community.
He warned of natural and economic disasters if the Houthis continue to target free shipping in Bab al-Mandab Strait and south Red Sea, with the most recent targeting of Saudi oil tankers.
Saudi Arabia announced last week the suspension of all crude oil shipments through the strait of Bab al-Mandeb, in response to a Houthi attack on two giant Saudi oil tankers passing through the strait in the Red Sea on July 25.
The attack caused minor damage to one of the two tankers, Khalid Al-Falih, Saudi minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources said, adding that the ban would continue until navigation through the strait could be secured.
The Saudi-led Arab coalition intervened in Yemen's conflict in March 2015 to roll back Iran-allied Houthi rebels and reinstate exiled government of President Abdu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK