NAIROBI Burundi plans to raise money for an election in 2020 by deducting part of civil servants' salaries and taking contributions directly from citizens, a government minister said on Monday, …
FOREIGN MINISTER LE DRIAN: (In French.)
SECRETARY TILLERSON: Well, thank you very much, Foreign Minister Le Drian, and I want to thank the foreign minister for his very warm welcome …
UN chief appeals for $1 billion for emergency relief fund
The UN Secretary-General has called for $1 billion in donor contributions for a UN fund that supports relief operations worldwide.…
Despite strong global food supply, localized drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, the United Nations agriculture agency reported Thursday.
The new edition of the UN …
With the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund totalling a record $62 billion at the end of October, delegates today expressed concern over the quality of service …
I have directed officials in my Administration to call the leadership of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to request that they completely allow food, fuel, water, and medicine to reach …
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Tuesday that Yemenis would make those attacking their country regret their actions as a Saudi-led coalition pounded the rebel-held capital with heavy air strikes.
At least 234 people have been killed in Sanaa over the past four days in clashes between Shia Houthi rebels and forces loyal to slain former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, …
Donor governments on Tuesday pledged an initial $857 million to fund the United Nations refugee agency's work to help some 67 million displaced or stateless people worldwide in 2018.
DUBAI The powerful exiled son of Yemen's slain ex-president Ali Abdullah Saleh vowed on Tuesday to lead a campaign against the Houthi movement that killed his father after he switched …
- Women Leaders at African Bicycle Contribution Foundation’s Panel Discuss the Need to Have a “Seat at the Table.” December 11, 2017
- Saudi Arabia to Allow Movie Theaters After Decades of Ban December 11, 2017
- More Than 8 Million Yemenis ‘a Step Away From Famine’ December 11, 2017
- UN emergency response fund secures $383 million in donor pledges for 2018 December 11, 2017
- IGAD HOSTS THE COORDINATION MEETING OF EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA REGIONAL ORGANIZATIONS December 11, 2017
- YEMENI ARMY SEIZES THREE DISTRICTS IN HODEIDAH, IRAN EVACUATES ADVISERS December 11, 2017
- TV Journalist in Somalia Killed by Car Bomb December 11, 2017