DUBAI, United Arab Emirate, Dec 20 (NNN-WAM) - A senior official of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), said that, the Saudi-led coalition military campaign against the Houthi rebels was necessary.

Minister of state for foreign affairs, Anwar Gargash, tweeted that, "with every Iranian missile launched by the Houthi militia against civilian targets, it becomes clear that the storm is necessary."

Earlier in the day, Yemen's Houthi movement announced firing of a ballistic missile towards the kingdom's royal palace, in the capital, Riyadh, Houthi-controlled Saba news agency reported.

A senior Houthi military official said, the ballistic missile, Burkan H2, was fired towards the Saudi royal palace of Ymamah in Riyadh, while Saudi-led coalition spokesperson, Turki Al Maliki, said, it targeted a residential area in southern Riyadh.

The spokesperson added that the missile was intercepted before it could cause injuries or damages.

Saudi Arabia accused Iran of trafficking missiles to Yemen, indicating that the missile intercepted, 25 km away from Riyadh, was made in Iran, Al Ekhbariyal local news channel, reported.

The UAE and Saudi Arabia have been fighting the Shiite Houthi rebels, in a pan-Arab coalition, since Mar, 2015, in order to restore Yemen's President, Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi, who was ousted by the Houthis in Sept, 2014.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.