ADEN, Yemen, Yemen's pro-government forces announced that, a large-scale armed attack launched by the Houthi rebels was repulsed, in the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah.
A two-hour Houthi attack was aborted and repulsed in Tuhyata district, killing and injuring a number of rebels, the media centre for the pro-government Giants Brigades said, in a statement.
The large-scale attack came, just hours after hundreds of Houthi fighters were pushed towards the area.
On Tuesday, the Houthi rebels fired five rocket-propelled grenades, against the headquarters of the government team at the UN-backed Redeployment Coordination Committee (RCC) in Hodeidah.
Last week, the United Nations said that, Yemen's warring parties agreed on new measures to reinforce the cease-fire deal and troops withdrawal from Hodeidah.
Representatives from both Yemeni warring parties met aboard a UN ship on the Red Sea for resumed discussions on the implementation of the stalled troops withdrawal from Hodeidah, as agreed upon in a deal reached in Stockholm in Dec last year.
Hodeidah is the main Yemeni port city on the Red Sea and key entry of most of Yemen's commercial imports and humanitarian aid.
Iran-allied Houthi rebels control much of Hodeidah, while the Saudi-backed government troops have advanced to the south-eastern districts.
Source: NAM News Network