The Yemeni Houthi army's spokesman, on Friday, denied Saudi allegation of targeting the holy city of Mecca with a ballistic missile, noting that, it targeted a Saudi airport in the Red Sea city of Jeddah.

Brigadier General Sharaf Luqman, said that, Thursday's ballistic missile attack "has hit the target" with 100 percent accuracy, stressing that, the target was inside the King Abdel Aziz Airport in Jeddah, west of Mecca.

He slammed the allegation as "a media war and misleading of public opinion," affirming that his army fighters are "very careful to spare civilian areas, particularly the Islamic holy sites, from any attack."

Saudi state news agency SPA, reported Thursday, that a ballistic missile launched by the Houthis from Yemeni northern province of Saada was intercepted 65 km from Mecca.

No damage or casualties were reported in the incident, SPA said, adding that, the Saudi war planes hit the missile launch pad in Saada and completely destroyed it.

The Saudi-led Arab military coalition has been fighting Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen since Mar, 2015, in an effort to restore the internationally recognised government of exiled President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, and dislodge Houthis from the capital Sanaa and northern provinces.

International efforts and talks between the war parties have been, so far, fruitless.

The attack on Thursday was the latest of a series of ballistic rocketry strikes by the Houthis, most of them intercepted by Saudi military forces.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK.

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.