SANAA, Yemen- Yemen's Houthi rebels, fighting government forces backed by the Saudi-led coalition, in the Yemeni Red Sea port city of Hodeidah claimed they have killed 13 soldiers during an attack.

In a statement, the rebels said, they have also wounded 20 other soldiers during the attack, on Tuesday morning, against the government troops. They said, they launched the attack on the government forces-controlled sites, south of Kilo 16 highway, which links the port city with the capital Sanaa.

However, the rebels said, they failed to retake the sites, due to heavy air strikes by the coalition, that backed the Yemeni internationally recognised government forces. The Houthi rebels reported no casualties.

There was no immediate comment from the government side, which stations in the southern port city of Aden, since the rebels stormed the capital Sanaa more than three years ago.

The war has escalated in Hodeidah, following the collapse of peacemaking efforts last month, by the UN in Geneva, after the Houthi rebels refused to attend.

The Hodeidah port is a main entry point of about 70 percent of Yemen's food, medicines, aid and fuel.

Saudi Arabia is leading an Arab military coalition, that intervened in Yemen in Mar, 2015, to reinstate the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi in Sanaa, after the Houthi rebels forced him into exile. The war has killed over 10,000 people and displaced nearly three million.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK

Related Post

About Us

The website publishes the news, which is gathered from all the sectors of the country with keeping an eye on different sorts of news from all over the world. All kinds of news on our news website do not consist of any sort of content that can be called the prejudice one, that strategy keeps us away from adding up any useless extra content in the news.