Sana'a: A protest rally was staged on Tuesday by dozens of students from schools in the Bani Saad districts of Mahweet province condemning the Saudi aggression on Sana'a International Airport, denouncing the targeting of civilian infrastructure and its humanitarian consequences.
According to Yemen News Agency, in the rally, the students carried banners condemning the attack, saying it had disrupted civil air traffic and adversely affected patients, travelers, and people stranded by the airport's closure.
Speakers at the rallies said the targeting of Sana'a International Airport constituted a violation of international humanitarian law and norms, describing it as part of the ongoing aggression and blockade imposed on Yemen. They emphasized the airport's importance as a humanitarian gateway for patients, students, and travelers.
The rallies declared their support for revolutionary leader Sayyed Abdul-Malik al-Houthi in taking appropriate measures in response to the attack, asserting that Yemen possesses the capability to defend its sovereignty and national interests. The rallies reaffirmed support for the armed forces in the defense of Yemen and efforts to secure the country's rights and national resources. It argued that the attack on Sana'a International Airport reflected Saudi Arabia's continued policy of maintaining restrictions on travel and movement for Yemenis.
The students said repeated calls had been made in recent years to fully reopen Sana'a Airport and implement humanitarian measures but accused Saudi Arabia of delaying solutions that could ease civilian suffering. They called on the United Nations and international human rights organizations to fulfill their responsibilities by condemning attacks on civilian facilities and addressing the humanitarian impact of the ongoing conflict and blockade.
The students concluded by reaffirming support for Yemen's sovereignty and urging continued resilience in the face of ongoing challenges.
