Lahj: Al-Qubaitah district in Lahj governorate witnessed three large mass rallies on Friday as part of the 'Friday of Warning and Mobilization,' rejecting aggression and siege and expressing support for the Yemeni Armed Forces in reclaiming rights and recovering looted resources.
According to Yemen News Agency, participants raised slogans denouncing the enemies of Islam, 'America and Israel,' and chanted expressions of anger over the Saudi targeting of Sana'a International Airport and preventing a civilian aircraft carrying Yemen's delegation to the funeral of martyr Sayyed Ali Khamenei, as well as stranded passengers and patients, from landing.
The participants, including Lahj Deputy Governor Faisal Al-Faqih, Shafi'i Council head Ahmed Al-Nahari, governorate mobilization official Jamil Al-Sufi, district mobilization official Nabil Al-Mabrazi, district security director Dawood Abduh, tribal sheikhs and social figures, said the attack on the airport was a violation of international and humanitarian conventions and a breach of Yemeni sovereignty.
They affirmed their continued steadfastness, readiness, mobilization, and support for the fronts, rejecting all forms of aggression, attacks on civilians and public facilities. They called on the international community and human rights organizations to assume their responsibilities regarding alleged Saudi violations, stop targeting civilian infrastructure, and ensure accountability for those responsible.
The participants strongly condemned the Saudi attack on Sana'a International Airport, saying it reflected the continuation of an aggressive approach targeting the capabilities and basic rights of the Yemeni people. They stressed their continued resilience in defending Yemen's sovereignty and independence, recovering national resources they said had been looted for 11 years, and liberating all Yemeni territories.
A statement issued by the rallies said that the demonstrations represented 'jihad in the path of Allah' and an expression of devotion to Him alone, rejecting submission to what it described as 'tyrants and criminals of the era,' including America, Israel, Britain, and Saudi Arabia. It called for breaking the siege, ending aggression, occupation, restoring resources and freedom.
The statement said the Yemeni people, with their faith and determination, had chosen freedom, dignity, and independence, and would not accept being deprived of their decisions or having their needs controlled through what it described as an unjust siege.
It renewed full authorization for the leader to take necessary decisions and reaffirmed Yemen's positions on the causes and sanctities of the nation, foremost among them the Palestinian cause and Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The statement declared support for all decisions aimed at protecting Yemen's freedom, dignity, and independence, breaking the siege, ending suffering, reopening Yemeni airports, ports, and restoring national resources.
It said Yemenis would not accept 'humiliation or submission' to Saudi Arabia and its American and Israeli allies, adding that they preferred sacrifice in the path of Allah over accepting what they described as humiliation.
The statement also expressed loyalty and support for the leader, praising his positions and efforts in defending Yemen and regional causes.
It said the Yemeni people understood that their choices of independence, dignity, and support for Gaza would provoke retaliation from what it called 'forces of tyranny,' but affirmed that they had chosen confrontation and would prevent those forces from achieving their objectives.
The statement said Yemen would consider continued siege measures as a full-scale war, calling for reciprocal measures and declaring that 'the airport for the airport and an eye for an eye,' while saying any response would not equal the alleged injustices committed against Yemen.
It called on the Armed Forces to raise the level of response, stressing full readiness for further mobilization and sacrifices, relying on Allah and confident in victory.
The statement thanked the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Iranian people for what it described as humanitarian and fraternal efforts to break the siege and send civilian aircraft to Yemen to transport patients, wounded people, stranded passengers, and travelers.
It also reaffirmed Yemen's 'principled and moral' stance toward Palestine, Al-Aqsa Mosque, and Gaza, as well as support for Hezbollah in Lebanon, Iran, and what it called the axis of resistance, while rejecting those it described as enemies of Allah, saying victory comes only from Allah.
