Mass Rally at Sana’a University Condemns Saudi Attack on Sana’a Airport, Backs Leadership to Break Blockade

General

Sana'a: Sana'a University held a large rally of students and staff on Tuesday to condemn the Saudi attack on Sana'a International Airport and declare support for the leadership's efforts to break the blockade.

According to Yemen News Agency, participants, including Minister of Education and Scientific Research Hassan Al-Saadi, Sana'a University President Dr. Mohammed Al-Bukhaiti, university vice presidents, deans, directors of scientific centers, faculty members, staff, and students, chanted slogans denouncing the attack on the airport and the attempted obstruction of a civilian aircraft carrying patients, stranded citizens, and travelers.

The demonstrators condemned the continued blockade on Yemen and expressed appreciation to the Islamic Republic of Iran for what they described as its support in breaking the blockade on Sana'a Airport. They also voiced full support for the Yemeni Armed Forces in taking measures they said would deter aggression, end the blockade, and restore the rights of the Yemeni people.

Addressing the rally, Minister Al-Saadi praised the broad participation of the university community, saying it reflected the unified position of the Yemeni people against the attack on Sana'a Airport and in support of lifting the blockade. He said the gathering sent a message that Yemen rejects the continued blockade, attacks, and violations of its sovereignty, stressing that the Yemeni people would not accept foreign domination.

For his part, University President Dr. Al-Bukhaiti said the rally demonstrated the university's readiness to support the defense of Yemen's sovereignty and to back the leadership's directives aimed at ending the blockade. He claimed that the blockade had been broken and urged all university members to remain prepared to support decisions taken by the revolutionary and political leadership.

A statement issued at the rally condemned the Saudi attack on Sana'a International Airport, describing it as a violation of Yemen's sovereignty and international law. It reiterated support for the leadership and the armed forces, pledged readiness to confront future developments, renewed calls for ending the blockade, and achieving Yemen's freedom and independence. The statement also expressed appreciation to the Islamic Republic of Iran for its solidarity with the Yemeni people in efforts to end the blockade.